As a British Rowing affiliated club, we adhere to the BR Safeguarding and Protection Policy as well as being accredited by the SAFEchild children’s charity. We aim to provide a safe and fun place to come and make new friends whilst learning a new skill and keeping active.
In recent times we have had a good-sized junior squad at the club many of whom have moved on to college rowing or are about to leave home. So we are particularly keen to meet and introduce the next generation to our wonderful sport. Families are especially welcomed.
It is important to us that everyone feels safe and secure at Beccles Rowing Club and our appointed Child Welfare Officer will act as a point of contact for any issues that our junior rowers (or their parents) may raise.
Junior sessions are set for 09:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings and when we have sufficient parental support, they have been known to take place on Saturday mornings and week-day evenings too during the summer months.
We currently offer the following benefits for our junior members:
– Training boat to develop balance and confidence on the water
– Junior double and single sculling boats
– The opportunity to try racing at a number of regattas and head races in the Eastern region
– Lightweight oars specifically designed for junior rowers
– A coaching and safety launch
– Concept 2 rowing ergometers for developing fitness off the water
Note that there is some excellent material offered by the Juniors’ Section on the British Rowing website.
Please note that we shall be holding a series open mornings and lessons in August 2018 if you want your young person to come and try rowing.